SimpleTexting seeks a sophisticated, experienced, and collaborative user experience designer to provide UX leadership for the SimpleTexting product. You'll be responsible to evaluate customer analytics, competitors, user feedback, and product owner inputs to define UX problems and to solve them.
SimpleTexting is the leading web-based platform for SMS marketing and business texting. Our software gives organizations the ability to send marketing campaigns, share important alerts, and provide 1-on-1 customer service using text messages. Thousands of organizations in North America rely on SimpleTexting to connect with their audiences. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofits, healthcare providers, churches, schools, and more. And with a powerful suite of features that inludes segments, autoresponders, data collection and analytics, our platform is designed to help businesses start and scale their engagement through SMS.
- Discover and resolve UX challenges
- Refactor UX to accommodate a growing product and leave margin for unexpected growth
- Put together a strategy to operationalize user sensing (surveys, interviews, hot-feedback etc.)
- Guide effective documentation and communication of design - via wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and user stories
- Define an analytics strategy (using Google Analytics or similar) to better track behavior and to support ongoing performance optimization through UX improvements.
Proven Abilities Required
- Ability to simplify complex interactions into intuitive user experiences and to clearly communicate how individual journeys align/don’t align to each user persona and the business' goals.
- Ability to use participatory design activities (e.g. paper prototype co-creation, card sorting) to understand vision, business model and assumptions and tacit knowledge about user needs and behaviors
- Skilled in standard design & wireframing tools (i.e. Adobe CC, OmniGraffle, Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq), hand drawing and visual communication, time-based and interactive prototyping tools (Hype, Adobe Edge, Keynote)
- Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale (preferably evidence based) and benefit of design ideas.
- Ability to organize the creation of reusable components and the ability to organize and structure a component library.
- Very superior oral and written english communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and a minimum of 8 years of professional experience in product or service design OR Associates Degree in Interaction, Graphic, or Industrial Design preferred or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in product or service design OR a minimum of 12 years of professional experience in product or service design.
While we prefer a candidate in the South Florida area, we are open to all candidates willing to work on ET.
Compensation and Benefits
- Above market compensation commensurate with your proven abilities
- Unlimited flexible time off policy
- Full medical