Howdy 👋We’re the folks at SkyVerge, and we build WordPress plugins that help over 100k+ eCommerce businesses grow and manage their WooCommerce stores. Our team is 100% remote, with 21 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a friendly, talented Customer Support Specialist to join our team and help support our entire suite of products: a portfolio of WordPress plugins for WooCommerce and Jilt, an email marketing platform built for eCommerce.
You’ll be the first point of contact for hundreds of thousands of eCommerce stores, helping them with problems, and answering questions. As part of a small team, you'll likely get your hands dirty with a little bit of everything.
Here are some things you may do on a given day:
- Assist customers by troubleshooting technical problems and escalating to the engineering team as needed
- Answer pre-sales questions and other feedback from customers
- Document and optimize our support process to improve customer satisfaction
- Write technical documentation and other content so customers can help themselves
- Help our engineering & product teams to identify areas where we can improve the customer experience
- Monitor social media and forums where customers may have questions or issues with our products and get them the help they need
With over 70 products that we support, there's plenty to learn. We’re aiming for you to have broad knowledge (mile-wide, inch-deep) and work closely with the product & engineering team to tackle more technical or in-depth questions that go beyond your knowledge.
On the first day you will:
- Onboard and get to know your new team members
- Pair with a customer support specialist for training, and answer some customer questions together
- Have a complete WooCommerce setup with major plugins installed
- Read and review support guide
In the first week you will:
- Answer customer questions (draft, review from team member or manager, send)
- Dive into learning WooCommerce and our major extensions (Memberships, for example)
- Fix at least one documentation issue
In the first month you will:
- Own your own queue
- Answer customer questions with minimal review
- Contribute to documentation as necessary
You have that unique combination of technical aptitude and empathy for the user. You’re comfortable with code but prefer to be customer-facing. You’re self-driven with a sense of urgency and draw satisfaction from going above and beyond to provide solutions. You’re an excellent communicator and have the ability to thrive in a distributed environment. Perhaps most importantly, you have a willingness to learn.
To succeed in this position, you must have:
- A solid understanding of HTML / CSS
- Native-level fluency in English (Are you fluent in other languages? Tell us! We love being able to support customers in their native language.)
- Outstanding written communication and interpersonal skills
- Boundless curiosity for our products and our customers
- Ability to thrive in a remote environment (along with a reliable internet connection)
It’s helpful if you have:
- Experience with PHP / Ruby (or other programming languages)
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with WooCommerce (or other eCommerce platforms)
- Experience supporting SaaS products
- Experience supporting downloadable software (especially in the LAMP stack)
Our team is fully-remote and we communicate primarily through Slack, GitHub, Help Scout, Intercom, and weekly stand-ups via Zoom (a few short meetings) — we believe the best work happens when given lots of uninterrupted time that’s free of distractions.
As a remote team, we believe that regular meet-ups are invaluable for getting to know each other better, so you should be available for 1-2 company-paid team trips per year. Curious about these trips? Check out our recap of our last team retreat (SkyTrip) to get an idea of what they’re like.
This is a full-time, salaried position, but hours are flexible. We know your work will speak for itself with thoughtful replies to customers, wiki edits, and published documentation.
After an initial screening, you’ll get an email with a few questions to answer. Following that, you’ll have a few 45 minute phone chats with different people on our team to learn more about you and answer any questions you have about the position and company.The most qualified candidates will then be invited to complete a short one-day research project. If this goes well, we'll invite you to the final stage of our evaluation process: the trial project. During this ~2 week period, you'll work closely with your future manager, as well as a few other team members, as a paid contractor to implement a few stories. You'll be welcomed in Slack, introduced to any team members you may be working with, and will have regular chats with your future manager to share feedback and make sure all is going well. This brief trial period is a great way for you to make sure you enjoy the work and the team, and it also gives us an opportunity to do the same. At the end of the period, assuming a great experience for all, you'll be offered a full time position 🎉Then the real fun and full onboarding experience will begin! 😄
Here are some benefits we're happy to offer to our team members:
- Competitive salary
- 27 days of paid time-off, in addition to 2 company holidays (SkyVerge Day in March, Founders Day in June 😀)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for US and Canadian residents and their families (reimbursements for comparable care for non-US/Canadian residents)
- 401k/RRSP Retirement plan with 4% company match for US/Canadian residents (contributions to comparable plans for non-US/Canadian residents)
- 8 weeks paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers
- Work flexible hours from anywhere that has a reliable internet connection
- Tools (hardware/software) to help you be productive
- Allowance for professional growth (books, courses, conferences)
- Home office or co-working allowance
- A Kindle to help you keep learning
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.
Applications accepted through May 22nd.